First Visit to Adirondack Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
What to Expect
Your initial appointment will consist of a consultation explaining your diagnosis and treatment options. Occasionally, surgery can be performed the same day as the consultation. However, a complex medical history or treatment plan will require an evaluation and a second appointment to provide treatment on another day. Please call our practice at Clifton Park Office Phone Number 518-348-0634 for more information or to schedule your first visit.
For all routine scheduling calls our dedicated scheduling team will be available 7:00am-5:00pm.
Please assist us by providing the following information at the time of your consultation:
- Referral slips are required for all patients from your general dentist
- Please provide any x-rays if applicable
- A list of medications you are presently taking if any
- Medical and Dental insurance cards
- All patients must provide a valid government issued photo identification (for minors the parent or legal guardian will be required to provide identification).
Same Day Consultations and Surgeries
- If your procedure entails IV Sedation, be aware that a licensed driver over the age of 18 must accompany you to the office and remain for the duration of your appointment. Patients under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- A preoperative consultation and physical examination will be performed in office for patients undergoing surgery.
- Please have nothing to eat or drink eight hours prior to your surgery. This includes gum, mints, and water.
- Please refrain from smoking prior to your visit.
IMPORTANT: All patients under the age of 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or documented legal guardian at the consultation and any following surgical and follow up visits.
Please alert the office if you have a medical condition that may be of concern prior to surgery (i.e., diabetes, high blood pressure, artificial heart valves and joints, rheumatic fever, etc.) or if you are currently taking any medication (i.e., heart medications, aspirin, anticoagulant therapy, etc.).
It is the policy of Adirondack Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery to treat all patients and not to discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or disability.
If you require free interpreter services, please contact our office at: Glens Falls Office Phone Number 518-348-0634
If your dentist or physician has taken x-rays, you may request that they forward them to our office. If there is not enough time, please pick them up and bring them to our office. If additional films are necessary, they can be taken at our facility.