meet dr. Pierpaolo Preceruti, D.D.S., M.D.
Board Certified Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeon
Staff Surgeon at Albany Memorial Hospital &
St. Peter’s Hospital
- 2004: Chief resident, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, New York University/Bellevue Hospital, New York , NY
- 1997: Resident in General Surgery, PGY 1 and PGY 2, Department of General Surgery, Lenox Hill Hospital, New York, NY
- 1995: Resident, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery residency program, Verona University Medical School, Verona, Italy;
Discussed a thesis on “Surgical Approach to the Anterior Skull Base”, based on a review of the cases performed at the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery of S. Bortolo Regional Hospital, Center for Craniofacial Malformations,
During the residency program, elective rotations for three consecutive years at the Department of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Center for Craniofacial Malformations, S. Bortolo Regional Hospital, Vicenza, Italy: special emphasis given to trauma and cancer surgery, and wide exposure to orthognathic, cleft lip and palate and craniofacial surgery.
- 1989: University of Padova Medical School, Padova, Italy.
Graduated with full marks and honors with a thesis on “Soft laser therapy: effects on axonal regeneration in rats”, developed at the Division of Neurosurgery, Padova University.
SPECIAL EDUCATION EXPERIENCE
- Jul 1992: Orthopedics, Medical School, Brescia, Italy
Theoretical-practical course in reconstructive microsurgery.
- Jan 1993 – Jun 1993: Micromed Foundation, Garbagnate, Milano, Italy
Microsurgery training in laboratory.
- Jul 1993: Dept. Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Graz, Austria
Practical course in microsurgical cranio-maxillofacial surgery
- Jan 1990 – Apr 1990: Completed the course for Medical Officer. Italian Army Flight School Firenze, Italy
- Apr 1990 – Apr 1991: Military Airport, Padova, Italy. Medical Officer, Lieutenant, in charge of the military medical facilities.
ACCREDITATIONS AND LICENCES
- Board Certification by the American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery- February 2007
- NY State General Anesthesia Permit
- NERB Dental License, NY State, May 2003
- NY State Dental License, May 2003
- NY State Medical License, November 2002
- OHIO Dental License July 2004
- Ohio General Anesthesia Permit, July 2004
- Italian Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, 1995
- Italian Medical License, 1989
- E. Padula, P. Preceruti: “The role of the maxillofacial surgion in the differential diagnosis of the pain in the craniofacial sector”, International Journal of Pain Therapy, vol 2, #3-4, 1992.
- Presentations: Lecture on “Mucocele of the frontal sinus”, XIX International Meeting of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery, Feb 1994, Siusi, Bolzano, Italy.
- Surgeons, 1999: “Tumors of the nose and the paranasal sinuses: diagnostic and therapeutic value of the endoscopy in a radiosurgical treatment protocol”.