meet dr. Paul S Johar, D.M.D.
Board Certified Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeon
Staff Surgeon Albany Memorial Hospital, St. Peter’s Hospital & Elmhurst Hospital
- 1990 – 1994: Tufts University School of Dental Medicine; Boston, Massachusetts
- 1987 – 1990: Hofstra University; Hempstead, N.Y.
- 2004: American Board of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2004: Fellow, American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2004: Fellow, American Association of Oral and Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2005: National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- 2005: Fellow, American Society of Dental Anesthesiology
- 2000: Member ADA, ASDA, NYSDA, NYSSOMS
- 1996 – 2000: Residency in Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery; Thomas Jefferson University Hospital, Philadelphia
- 1995 – 1996: Residency in Anesthesiology; Mt. Sinai Medical Center, New York
- 1994 – 1995: General Practice Residency; University Medical Center, SUNY at Stony Brook
PAPERS AND PRESENTATIONS
- 2003: Gold L, Nazarian L, Johar A, Rao V,Characterization of Maxillofacial Soft Tissue Vascular Anomalies by Ultrasound and Color Doppler Imaging: An adjuvant to Ct and MRI: Published J Oral Maxillofacial Surgery 61: 19-31, 2003
- 1999: Albright J, Diecidue R, Johar A, Keane W, Spera J, “ Intraosseous Ganglion of the Temporomandibular Joint presenting with Otorrhea ”. Published in the Archives of Otolaryngology, May 2000
- 1993: Papageorge M, Johar A, ” Free submandibular gland transfer for the management of xerostomia”.
Presented at Andrew Bates Day Tufts University School of Dental Medicine
- 1993: Papageorge M, Norris L, Johar A, Rosato R, “ The post-operative effects of mandibular subluxation on temporomandibular joint following surgery involving high carotid exposure”.
- 1993: Ganda K, Johar A, “ Strategies to prevent needlestick injuries: An educational success ”.
Presented at the American Association of Dental Schools convention in Seattle, Washington – 1994
PROFESSIONAL AFFILIATIONS/ CERTIFICATIONS:
- 2005: Diplomate, National Dental Board of Anesthesiology
- 2004: Diplomate American Board of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
- 2004: Fellow American College of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2004: Fellow American Association of Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons
- 2005: Fellow American Society of Dental Anesthesiology
- 2000: Member ADA, NYSDA, NYSSOMS